With all the hype around the Macbook Air, we’re blind to see that this laptop although is an amazing piece of engineering, it is utter crap! Why?
It’s too expensive. Add the 64GB SSD drive and it’s extremely prohibitive.
- No optical drive. This means you have to beg others to let you install a software Apple gave you on their PC so you have access to their drive.
- No ethernet port. That makes the Remote Disk software useless if the PC you’re trying to connect to doesn’t have wireless.
- Only 1 USB port. So you’ll need a USB hub, one more thing to carry around… that’s not portability
- Battery not user Replaceable Unlike 99% of other laptops out there, the battery is not user replaceable.
- Mono Speakers The built in speakers on the Macbook Air are weak and sound airy (sorry) from the hands-on videos so far. Worst of all, they’re mono, not stereo! Are we back in the 90s?
- Fixed RAM The Macbook Air ships with 2GB of RAM by default. This RAM is onboard though, meaning there is no option to upgrade or to add more RAM.
- Slow Processor 1.6 C2D by default is amongst the slowest Core 2 Duo processors you can get.
- Slow 1.8″ Hard drive The base model comes with a 1.8″ hard drive. As most computer enthusiasts know, 1.8″ hard drives top out at 4,200rpm
- It’s too thin! I would not drop it, or stand on it !!
Macbook Air, what a disappointment …